UPDATE: January 2, 2021
View updated Service and Class times HERE
Please watch the video then read the updated information below
Thank you for taking the time to look at our COVID-19 update. Governor Lee has met with church leaders and Pastors across the state via the internet and has encouraged us to help in curbing what seems to be a rise in COVID-19 cases. He is not keeping churches from worship, but he is encouraging us to do all we can to help in curbing the spread of the virus and to be mindful of the seriousness of this pandemic. Governor Lee pointed out that after Thanksgiving, Tennessee has exponentially increased in positive cases and they are expecting it to rise again after Christmas. God has blessed our church to this point. However, we need to be diligent with God’s favor and not push our “luck” so to speak. So, with that in mind, we will be emphasizing the following…
- We STRONGLY advise the wearing of masks as you come in the worship center and as you leave. We will have masks and sanitizer available to those who need them.
- We STRONGLY advise social distancing while in any part of the worship center and especially during the worship service. Spreading out our seating across the auditorium will help in keeping the spread of the virus down.
- We STRONGLY advise the washing of hands thoroughly and to minimize if not eliminate all physical contact where possible.
To cut back on the opportunity for the virus to spread among our congregation, we are making the following changes to our services for the rest of this year and for the month of January 2021.
- No “in-person” Sunday School classes will be held on Sunday mornings from now through the end of January 2021. The Discover Grassy Valley Baptist Church class will be recorded and put up on our website each week and the class notes will be made available for pick up, download or you may call the office and we will mail you a copy.
- No “in person” Wednesday night services will be held through the end of this year and for the month of January 2021. However, I will continue to teach on Wednesday nights on Facebook live and will make class notes available through our website. We will start our study on the book of Nehemiah on January 6th at 6:30 on Facebook live.
- All other “in-person” church activities scheduled for the month of January, such as game night, Pot Luck, men’s prayer breakfast, quilting for a cause and other activities will have to be postponed.
- Our Food Pantry will operate on a "Drive Through" basis ONLY. Workers will be practicing social distancing, wearing of masks and sanitizing as needed after each day.
A re-evaluation will take place at the end of January by the church leadership to determine our future course of action. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. We will do everything we can to make our worship services as safe as possible for you and your loved ones, however, we ask that you don’t put yourself at needless risk. We will continue to stream the Sunday service on FaceBook for those who feel the need to stay home. I have full confidence in God’s divine direction in all of this and He is working out all things for our good. Let’s trust Him and be faithful to love each other sacrificially.
Just as a reminder, we are using the Ionopure Purity system that will run before the service and sanitize every area of our auditorium and we have another machine in our fellowship Hall doing the same. the Ionopure cleaning solutions are produced with technology that uses a gentle electrical current to change the molecular structure of a simple salt water solution. It uses Hypochlorous acid and Potassium Hydroxide. Hypochlorous acid is the same substance the human body produces to fight germs and has all the power of bleach with none of the hazards.
Thank You again to everyone for your cooperation and patience during this time!
The Leadership Team